The key objectives of SVA are:
- To work through community groups and strengthen their capacity through appropriate inputs and assistance.
- To take initiative to organize community groups where such organization are non-existent.
- To promote Self Help Development, that will build confidence of the local people and not take away their initiatives.
- To stand by the groups who are struggling to exercise their basic human rights.
- To promote action that will protect the environment and ecology for sustainable livelihood.
- To assist in strengthening structures which are transparent, accountable to the community and which will benefit the people in their struggle against poverty and injustice.
- To sensitize the society about discrimination based on Gender, Caste, Race and Religion.